Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- Blockchain data platform Chainalysis announced a long-term partnership with Dapper Labs, creator of the CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot non-fungible tokens (NFTs), to leverage Chainalysis products and analytics tools to monitor transactions and «ensure better compliance to regulatory guidelines.» Dapper Labs will use Chainalysis’ tools Know Your Transaction (KYT) to flag suspicious activity, and Reactor to investigate those transactions.
- The German Bundesliga has partnered with NFT fantasy football project Sorare to issue NFTs that can be played in the integrated fantasy football game and also collected, exchanged and traded on the Sorare platform. Next year, Sorare will also publish NFT-based videos from the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2, known as “Moments”, which can likewise be collected and played in the fantasy football game.
- The Mt. Gox civil rehabilitation voting deadline to reimburse victims who lost money from hacks to the cryptocurrency exchange ends this Friday, October 8. Adam Back, co-founder and CEO of Blockstream, tweeted that people who lost funds on Mt. Gox should vote on the rehabilitation plan ASAP, as not voting counts as an automatic “no”.
- The Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV) is considering listing crypto futures on its derivatives exchange, CEO José-Oriol Bosch said. He added that the initiative was analyzed and discussed with the financial authorities that regulate the BMV, and that the BMV could follow the lead of exchanges in other countries that do list them.
- The former New Zealand-based crypto exchange Cryptopia announced the beginning of the second stage of its claims process, now focusing on the identity verification of affected users. “Account holders’ should expect to receive an invitation email to login into the claims portal when their country is ready for verification,” the exchange said.
- Digital asset custody company Fireblocks has announced that it has been selected to support Bankhaus von der Heydt, a private German bank offering traditional and digital asset banking, securitization, and fund services. One of the oldest banks (founded in 1754) in the country will leverage Fireblocks’ custody technology to expand digital asset and crypto service offerings to its customer base.
- The investing platform Public.com is rolling out crypto trading, according to the Wall Street Journal. The company will offer trading in 10 cryptoassets, including bitcoin (BTC) and dogecoin (DOGE).
- Blockchain research and development hub TriliTech has announced the launch of a new, London-based hub for research, development, and adoption of the Tezos (XTZ) blockchain. TriliTech will work alongside partners and developers in the Tezos ecosystem to support protocol upgrades and propose new features for the network.
- Andrew Yang, the former member of the US Democratic party and primary race, has revealed his new political organization called “The Forward Party”, along with confirming support for the broader cryptocurrency industry. He has added that universal basic income (UBI) does not have to be in fiat.
Bitfarms Ltd., a Bitcoin mining company, said it has signed engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts and commenced construction of a production facility in Argentina. As previously announced in April 2021, the new facility is expected to add up to 210 megawatts (MW) of infrastructure capacity in 2022 at a contracted rate of US 2.2 cents per kilowatt hour with electricity provided by a private power company, they added.
- The National Bank of Georgia plans to launch a central bank digital currency (CBDC) pilot program next year, Interfax reported. A digital lari is not cryptocurrency, but is the evolution of cash, the bank’s vice governor said, adding that it will improve the efficiency of the payments system and broaden financial inclusion.
- Crypto staking platform Stader Labs has raised USD 4m in a seed funding round led by Pantera Capital, with participation from Coinbase Ventures, True Ventures, Jump Capital, Huobi Ventures, TerraForm Labs, Solana Foundation, Near Foundation, and others, reported The Economic Times. The team plans to accelerate product development across multiple blockchains and marketing efforts geared toward a global crypto audience, as well as to launch products and features in the future to assist users in maximizing their staking returns.
- Decentralized content-sharing platform Creaton has raised USD 1.1m in a funding round. The platform claims it gives creators full ownership and control over their own content, and they can also accept paid subscriptions from their fans and earn cryptocurrency rewards for their content.
- Animoca Brands today announced the appointments of Yat Siu as group executive chairman and managing director, Evan Auyang as group president, and Robby Yung as CEO of the company’s North American operations.
- Dmitri Tsumak, founder of ETH 2.0 staking service StakeWise, discovered a vulnerability in rival staking protocols Lido and Rocket Pool, potentially saving millions of dollars in ethereum (ETH). The launch of Rocket Pool’s mainnet has been postponed as a result until a fix is in place.
- DJs Benny Benassi, Paul van Dyk, Anfisa Letyago and Luciano will share the Terrace of Amnesia’s virtual superclub and the new Arena Stage hosted by Djenerates in a virtual venue located in 3D metaverse Decentral Games on October 9. The event is geared towards fans who cannot travel to Amnesia in Ibiza for the party.